Silver River Stargazing Tours In Lake Tekapo – Experience 100% Pure Darkness.
Our stargazing tours take place on 50,000 acres of farmland, All of which fall within the boundaries of the gold rated Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve, the home of Lake Tekapo, and some of the darkest night skies in the world. We have little to no light pollution and are committed to leaving the lightest footprint on our land and night sky.
$99 | 75 mins
Our Fully Guided Stargazing Tour Includes:
- Naked Eye observations of important stars & constellations using high powered laser pointers.
- Telescope Observations using our 14″ Meade telescope.
- An Individual photograph of you and your party underneath the stars.
- Plenty of opportunities for questions & answers.
- A low guest to guide ratio, our tours are capped at a maximum of ten people.
- A complimentary shuttle from our check-in office to our private stargazing location.
- Use of our warm winter jackets.
$299 | 180 mins
Our Three Hour Astrophotography Tour Includes:
- Learn how to capture stunning photographs of the night sky.
- Free use of our camera’s & lenses, or bring your own.
- Learn how to take nightscape photographs.
- Learn how to use telescopes and tracking mounts to take deep space photographs.
- Learn how to take time lapses & star trail photographs.
- Learn how to process your images at the end of the tour.
- Small groups capped at four guests.
SHARE YOUR STARGAZING EXPERIENCE WITH US
OUR STARGAZING STORY
Established in 2018, Silver River™ Stargazing is an affordable, community-minded business that offers authentic Kiwi experiences in our own backyard. Our tours were developed to ensure that our adventures are comfortable, exciting and affordable for all regardless of their budget. We’re on a mission to bring the very best experiences to anyone who visits or lives in the Mackenzie.
Check-in & Ticket Office: 48a D’Archiac Drive
(State Highway 8 next to Balmoral Farmyard)
Lake Tekapo, New Zealand 7945
Phone: 0800 STARGAZE (782 742)
027 900 0335